Posted by Oct 13, 2010
| 0 comments
- 1 cup lima beans
- 3 potato peeled and half each
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 liter Chicken stock
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh Coriander
Gros pois dans masala is the favourite curry which all Mauritians love to have with their dholl puris or roti.
- Add 4 cups of water together with the lima beans, potatoes and some salt in a pressure cooker.
- Cook for 15 mins or until lima beans is soft.
- In a pan, add oil, and the onion until it’s transparent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Then after, add the masala and cook on a low heat for 10 mins.
- Add the chicken stock and tghe masala paste to the lima bean (in the pressure cooker).
- let it cook for another 10 to 15 mins until the lima beans are nice and soft.
- Add salt for taste.
- Finally, add the coriander.