Posted by Oct 24, 2010
| 0 comments
Mauritius Lentils soup (Soupe de Lentilles)
- 100 grams Black Lentils
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger crushed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 carrots sliced
Soupe de lentilles (Lentils soup)
- In a pressure cooker, add lentils, salt, carrots and water (you can also use chicken stock). Cook for about 10 mins or until lentils is soft. Do not overcook.
- In a pan, heat up oil.
- Fry onions until transparent in color.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and thyme and mix up with the onions and cook until you obtain a thick paste
- Add paste and salt with cook lentils and leave it to boil for another 5 mins.
Serve with rice and rougaille.